IMPORTANT DATES + EVENTS
Ranked Choice Voting at the Bear Paw Festival
Look for the LWV of Anchorage and the Alaska Center Education Fund at the Bear Paw Festival July 15-18th! Come experience ranked choice voting by selecting your favorite candy! We’ll be located with the vendors at the Valley River Center and Business Blvd. For more information about the festival visit the Bear Paw Festival website.
If you are interested in volunteering at our booth, please sign up on the volunteer scheduler.
The LWV of Anchorage will be hosting a table at the Community Civics Fair on July 26th 4:00-7:00 at the Grow North Farm in Mountain View, 3601 Mountain View Drive. The Fair is organized by the Alaska Literacy Program, Anchorage Public Library, Catholic Social Services, & Anchorage Community Land Trust.
- Learn about how to get involved in your local community
- Learn about important resources provided by the Municipality of Anchorage
- Meet your local elected officials
- Find ways to get involved in local organizations
- Plus, buy some locally grown vegetables from the farm stand!
Hope to see you there!
Board of Directors Meetings
All LWV Anchorage members are invited to attend the Board of Directors meetings. Board meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. If you are interested in attending, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent the link to the Zoom meeting.
Upcoming meetings are scheduled for:
- April 20, 2021, 6:00-8:00 p.m. (Board of Directors)
- May 4, 2021, 7:00-9:00 p.m. (LWV Annual Meeting)
- May 18, 2021, 6:00-8:00 p.m. (Board of Directors)
- June 15, 2021, 6:00-8:00 (Board of Directors)
Empowering voters. Defending democracy.
We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge, and the confidence to participate.
We believe in the power of women to create a more perfect democracy.